Thursday, February 16, 2012

HOMEMADE BREAKFAST SYRUP




For years I've tried to get away from as many processed food items as I can. It began when our little 6 yr girl was diagnosed w/ cancer. During her year of chemo we ate a whole foods diet and down through the years I have tried to continue that as much as possible. Real maple syrup is just the best, but who can afford it? I don't like the sticky "what is this stuff" taste about bottled syrup. Plus I love, love, love to make my own food rather than dumping it out of a bottle, can or box! This is super easy to cook up and who doesn't love nice warm syrup on their pancakes, waffles and french toast?!


HOMEMADE BREAKFAST SYRUP

1 cup water
2 cups white sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp maple flavoring
1/2 stick butter

Combine water, sugar and corn syrup in saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally until mixture boils. Cover and boil gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and maple flavoring and blend thoroughly. Serve warm over pancakes, waffles or french toast.
Yeild: 1 1/4 cups syrup



No comments: